Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Wed Dec 13, 2000  2:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Vocal Lit books

In a message dated 12/12/2000 8:42:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
snide76258@a... writes:

<< I use Carol Kimball's Song: A guide to Style and Literature as an
optional text in my course. I don't use it as a textbook, per se, but
rather I think it's a nice resource for students to have. >>

That's what I use as the textbook in my course. I think it's very nicely
arranged and contains an appropriate amount of information on individual
composers. I tend to cover the major composers only in my course, because
that's about all we have time to cover. I like the fact that she includes so
many less-known composers, because I feel that after the course is over, the
text can still make a good reference for the students when they want to find
some less well known repertoire.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com