Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Tue Dec 12, 2000  7:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Why do women sing in head voice?

In a message dated 12/12/2000 11:14:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
buzzcen@a... writes:
buzzcen@a... writes:

<< Richard Miller subscribes to this classification of voices by the first
passagio point. >>

I personally think that is way too rigid of a method. I, for one, can sing my
primary passagio in MANY different ways, not only depending on the
literature, but depending on the day. Voice classification, in my opinion, is
far more dependent on comfort of tessitura, the perfect example being
dramatic mezzos vs. dramatic sopranos. Similiar breaks, similiar vocal color,
if the mezzo has an extension, it comes down to how comfortable she is in the
tessitura.
TinaO

emusic.com