Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jennifer Estaris" <ione_orange@h...>
"Jennifer Estaris" <ione_orange@h...>
Date:  Sun Dec 10, 2000  12:11 am
Subject:  young singer seeks nyc apartment or roommate

I don't know how off-topic this is, so i'll make it on topic as well.

i remember reading a post on here about someone looking for a
subletter in manhattan (in soho) from January til end of spring, but
i can't seem to find it, and anyway it's probably already taken. but
if it isn't, please contact me! ione_orange@h...

Basically, I'm looking for a place or roommate asap, as my roommate
is considering moving back to California unexpectedly due to family
problems.

This actually doesn't cause that much stress on me, because she is a
student who needs the whole apartment to be quiet (I am in the other
room), and we can't seem to negotiate a time when she can let me
practice, even though i am gone most of the time for my day job. She
is also not "into music" (her words, not mine), which I didn't know
until after a few months of trying to practice on a regular
schedule...i would get constant interruptions from her and her
boyfriend who moved in recently to keep it down, even though i was
only singing at pianissimo.

in the end I got a rehearsal space, but i think it's a waste of
money, as I do have my own room.

so, all these put aside, i'm really just looking for a room where i
can also practice for an hour or so a day after 5 or 6pm (which is
when i get home from work), or someone who wouldn't mind me
practicing (another musician perhaps). i'm 24 years old, soprano,
quiet when i'm not practicing, laid back and keep the common areas
clean. i work during the day as a computer programmer so will pay
rent on time :)

or, alternately, if you are looking for a room in manhattan, i am in
a very nice but affordable building on the east side on 34th street,
it's available until july (starting as early as january). Heat, a/c,
nice kitchen, living room, nice doormen, 1 bedroom is available, and
there's one bathroom.

and if anyone has any advice on how i should deal with roommates who
are not musically inclined, that would be appreciated as well.

thanks,
Jennifer

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7514 Re: young singer seeks nyc apartment or roommate Jennifer   Sun  12/10/2000   2 KB

emusic.com