Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
"Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
Date:  Fri Dec 8, 2000  11:40 pm
Subject:  question for SF Bay Area Vocalisters

Hi all,

I am helping a native arabic speaker to improve her american accent (she
learned English in the UK). She is a practicing lawyer and a little tired of
hearing "you have such a cute little accent" since she feels some people
don't take her seriously. I am helping her with correct pronunciation of
vowels, consonants and words, but her melody of speech is definitely not
american. I also suggested that she finds a speech coach to help her work on
how to go about closing statements for the jury, making sure she accentuates
the important words or phrases to have the desired impact (I'm having
trouble formulating this right, but I'm sure you know what I mean). In other
words, I need a good diction coach for her... does anyone know anyone in the
San Francisco Bay Area (preferrably peninsula) who does this? I know there
are coaches who specialize in training sales people, politicians, lawyers,
etc., and that's the kind I'm looking for.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Rocio Guitard

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7562 Re: question for SF Bay Area Vocalisters Caio Rossi   Wed  12/13/2000   3 KB

emusic.com