Vocalist.org archive

From:  Sheila Graham <sheila@s...>
Sheila Graham <sheila@s...>
Date:  Thu Dec 7, 2000  9:55 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] throatache - first performance tonight :-(((((

Dear Else,

Ideally, you would be better to stop taking the cough drops because they
probably contain substances, eg menthol, which dry up the natural
lubrication which your voice muscles need to work easily. Drink huge
amounts of water. You're already doing steam inhalations - great.

If you think you might have a virus, there is some stuff called
echinacea which is a herbal remedy which does have some success in
helping you get rid of viral infections if taken in the very early
stages. It boosts your immune system, so obviously don't take it if you
suffer from any immune system problems eg lupus. I'm not in the US, so I
have no idea if it is available there; it is readily available in my
country.

Keep drinking the water, and good luck!

Regards, Sheila

Sheila Graham
Mezzo-Soprano, Edinburgh, Scotland
www.sheilagraham.demon.co.uk

'She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything' (Bellini)

In message <01C06039.26417400.Pepenelsje@z...>, Else Kramer en
In message <01C06039.26417400.Pepenelsje@z...>, Else Kramer en
Pepijn van der Laan <Pepenelsje@z...> writes

--
Sheila Graham

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7427 Re: throatache - first performance tonight :-(((( Jennifer L. Fretwell   Thu  12/7/2000   2 KB

emusic.com