Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Dec 7, 2000  4:52 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] RE: vocal registers: was: Re: BAROQUE TENOR

In a message dated 12/06/2000 9:49:01 PM Central Standard Time,
ibracamonte@y... writes:
ibracamonte@y... writes:

<< I know they ("they" being Lloyd and Miller) say
there's no such thing as female falsetto -- that it's
all head voice -- but I just don't believe it. I
cannot go from my "falsetto" voice into a head tone
without a major flip/break. If I stop and re-attack
the note in unsupported (soft and breathy) head, then
I can go from there into regular head voice. >>

See, I just call that an unsupported head voice - or improper singing, to be
blunt. Effective for dramatic purposes, but not good singing. There are
choir directors who use the term "off the voice" to get that effect, and I
frankly am not in favor of it because unless you know how to easily get back
"on the voice" (in other words, are a trained singer instead of a
volunteer/amateur singer), it does not promote good vocal habits. JMHO.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com