Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Dec 6, 2000  2:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: purity of expression

>From: Mezzoid@a...
>
>In a message dated 12/04/2000 8:13:32 PM Central Standard Time,
>mightymezzo@h... writes:
>
><< Here's my example: Last night, I watched most of "Where Are My
>Children?"
> on TCM. It's a 1913 drama about a district attorney who prosecutes the
> abortionist who caused the death of his housekeeper's young daughter. >
>1913? Was it a silent film? (If this was a transposition of numbers, I'm
>sorry, I'm not trying to be snotty -- I'm not familiar with the film.)
>
>Christine Thomas
>Wauwatosa, WI

Yes. TCM shows silent movies most Sunday nights at 9 pm PST. "Where Are My
Children?" is newly restored, as are a good many of the TCM silents. Nice
to see Ted Turner putting his money to good use!

I'm starting to find a certain affinity between silent movies and opera.
Maybe it's the mix of music, high-style acting and improbable plots...

Liz (who watched "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" last night)

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

_____

emusic.com