Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue Dec 5, 2000  12:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] tongue problems

Your tongue should rise up in the back on an ee vowel. Who told you that
it shouldn't?

Mark Montgomery

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Jennifer L. Fretwell wrote:

> I have been having a tremendous problem in keeping my tongue flat while
> singing an "ee" sound (such as in the word "he"). The back of my tongue
> really rises up. It only happens on this vowel, though. I have tried
> watching myself in a mirror while singing but this only gets me trying to
> force my tongue down, creating more tension. I just can't seem to get the
> "ee" sound out without raising the back of my tongue! Does anyone else have
> this problem? Any suggestions as to how I can get my tongue to stay down?
>

> Jennifer Fretwell, soprano
> Pittsburgh, PA

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7411 Re: tongue problems Jennifer L. Fretwell   Thu  12/7/2000   3 KB
7413 Re: tongue problems John Alexander Blyth   Thu  12/7/2000   4 KB
7424 Re: tongue problems Lloyd W. Hanson   Thu  12/7/2000   3 KB

emusic.com