Vocalist.org archive

From:  Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Date:  Tue Dec 5, 2000  7:12 am
Subject:  Holiday Concert Announcement -- Seattle-area

The following is a bit of blatant self-promotion, and is the "press
release" we've sent out to the media.

This is my first season singing with this group of about 50 auditioned
singers. So far, I'm impressed with the quality that Glenn Gregg is
able to get from us, and with his overall approach. Our program, listed
below, includes about 8 carols from the Oxford "Carols for Choirs," in
addition to the Hanukkah songs and a really jazzy arrangement of "Go
Tell It On the Mountain."

So, if you're in the area on December 17, stop in, and be sure to
introduce yourself. I'm the large (almost 5'10") brunette big-voiced
soprano right in the middle on the second row. :-)

Cheers!!

Lana

WINTER CONCERT – AN AFTERNOON OF HOLIDAY MUSIC

The Kirkland Choral Society (KCS), directed by Dr. Glenn R. Gregg, will
present their holiday concert on Sunday, December 17, 2 p.m., at the
Lake
Washington United Methodist Church, 7525 132nd Avenue NE, in Kirkland,
Washington.

The first half of the program features Antonio Vivaldi's famous early
18th
Century choral work, "GLORIA."

Vivaldi, a music teacher at a girls' orphanage in Venice, wrote this
piece
for his student chorus. Under his tutelage, these young women singers,
all
under the age of 20, were famous throughout the city for their
remarkable
musical talents. It is surmised that the bass part to this classic
piece
was sung by men from the staff or from a neighboring church.

The second half of the KCS program will begin with three Hanukkah songs,

followed by a variety of festive Christmas carols and a rousing
arrangement
of "Go Tell It On the Mountain."

Keith Harris, Song Kim, and Kathryn Weld are featured soloists for this
holiday performance.

Admission: suggested donation, $10. For information, contact (425)
822-9584.

The Kirkland Choral Society (KCS) is a mixed choir performing selections

from the full range of choral repertoire. The emphasis is on providing a

quality singing and performing experience, along with opportunities to
socialize and enjoy the process of music making. At present they have
openings in all voice parts and are actively seeking committed singers
join the group. For an audition appointment call 425-483-9757.

--
Explain it as we may, a martial strain will urge a man into the front
rank of battle sooner than an argument, and a fine anthem excite his

emusic.com