Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Dec 4, 2000  3:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Cleo Laine

Actually, I've never really liked Cleo Laine. I was introduced to her on a
recording of Sandy Wilson's execrable musical VALMOUTH, and I took an
immediate dislike to her. I've heard her do jazz standards, and found her
somewhat more tolerable, but I really dislike the voice, and find I'm
happier with other jazz stylists as well.

Still, I know Ms. Laine has a huge following, and is a singer of a
"certain age" - thus my suggestion that she might be a stylist worth
listening to.

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto:
tra la la...
En mi no causas quebranto
ni yo he de salir de mi canto:
tra la la...

- Fernando Periquet

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7316 Re: Cleo Laine thomas mark montgomery   Mon  12/4/2000   2 KB

emusic.com