Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sat Dec 2, 2000  3:07 am
Subject:  DEPRESSED ROOT OF THE TONGUE; WAS:Today's posts - miscellaneous

Robin wrote:

>The most frequent problem encountered in
> teaching this concept is that many students try to
> create a sensation of spaciousness by depressing the
> root of the tongue, which is obviously counterproductive.

My former teacher does it ( depresses the root of the tongue while lifting
the soft palate ), I sometimes do it too ( I haven't been paying much
attention to that anymore) and Alan Greene recommends that in his book, so I
don't think it's obviously counterproductive ( you just have to take care
not to get choked by that imaginary hot potato stuck in your mouth ).

Bye,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7219 Re: DEPRESSED ROOT OF THE TONGUE; WAS:Today's pos thomas mark montgomery   Sat  12/2/2000   3 KB
7224 Re: DEPRESSED ROOT OF THE TONGUE; WAS:Today's pos David Grogan   Sat  12/2/2000   4 KB
7266 Re: DEPRESSED ROOT OF THE TONGUE; WAS:Today's pos Robin L. Frye   Sun  12/3/2000   3 KB
7267 Re: DEPRESSED ROOT OF THE TONGUE; WAS:Today's pos Robin L. Frye   Sun  12/3/2000   2 KB
7276 Re: DEPRESSED ROOT OF THE TONGUE; WAS:Today's pos Caio Rossi   Sun  12/3/2000   2 KB

emusic.com