Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
"Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
Date:  Sat Dec 2, 2000  2:02 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: www.rocioguitard.com -- hear me sing!

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:46:50
Caio Rossi wrote:
>Rocio wrote:
>
>> "rugiada" in Italian (you're Italian, right?).
>
>I don't speak Italian, but I'm sure it depends on the dialect. It >always
does. They must have 1,000 variations of the word, and one of >them must be
'rociada' ( similar to rocio ) and another one must be >'orvalada', similar to
the Portuguese 'orvalho' ( by the way, it's a >masculine word too ).
I've never heard neither 'rociada' nor 'orvalada'.
I looked on my dictionary, and I did not found them. Perhaps it's a dialect far
away from me (I live near Florence).

>it...? I think I heard ... AARRRGGGGHHH) As I wanted to learn ONE >language
only, I gave up.
You're right: in Italian there are many dialects!

>BTW, Vale, I know my first name stems from the Roman name Caius ( as >in Caius
Julius Caesar ), but do you have a corresponding name in >Italian nowadays?
Yes, it's "Caio" :-)

Caio, ASAP I'll reply to your private post, I found it interesting!

Bye

Great Gift Idea! FREE cell phone, internet ready at Lycos Marketplace
http://www.inphonic.lycos.com/redirect.asp?referringpage=www.lycosd1

emusic.com