Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Fri Dec 1, 2000  9:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Today's posts - miscellaneous

> - Having said that, I also teach, and practice
> myself, the use of a judicious amount of nasal
> resonance, which also increases ring.
> Please note that nasal resonance as I speak of it
> here is NOT equal to nasality.

Robin: Is the back of your nose (velar port, I think)
closed or open when you use nasal resonance without
nasality? I hadn't thought it was possible to leave
the nasal-air-passage open while singing and avoid a
nasal sound.

That said, I am a big advocate of "placement," which
has nothing to do with the nasal passages or the nose.
It just gets the sound forward by using imagery around
the front teeth, etc. No nasality, just a brighter,
more forward, leaner and more focused sound.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA