Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
"DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  10:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: songs by women composers

Tak wrote:

>Judith Weir actually has a one-woman opera, if you're feeling ambitious! I
*believe* it's scored for soprano, but my friend who is a lyric mezzo has done
it.

This work, Ling Harald's Saga, IS for soprano. You get to sing 8 roles, plus
the chorus (the Norwegian army)! It is a wonderful work, but very challenging
(all a cappella, of course). (Oops, that should read KING Harald!) Anyway,
if you want to perform it, give yourself plenty of time to learn it.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com