Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  9:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF/MED: Clementines

Re: citrus

If it bothers you, don't use them; if you have no problem with them, go
ahead. Even if you have definite reflux, you may be able to tolerate some
citrus.

Re: vitamin C

It's benefit for colds is not well supported except through anecdote. It is
likely that people who take vitamin C to prevent colds, take better care of
themselves generally thus avoiding colds. There is evidence that echinacea
at the onset in high enough dose can shorten the course.

John

John J. Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family & Community Medicine
Penn State College of Medicine

> >And rather than pop Vitamin C 500's trying to stave off the ubiquitous
cold,
> >you can toss back a couple of guilt- and side-effect-free Clementines
> >instead. Ernie's right, they are incredible and I'm an orange-loather
from
> >way back. (yes I know they're tangerines :0)
>
> So Grinch that I am, I have to ask whether these Clementines (my mouth is
> watering as I write...) are side-effect-free for folks with a reflux
> consideration? I seem to remember being told to avoid any and all citrus.
> (Say it ain't so, list docs!)
>
> Naomi Grinch Lind ; )

emusic.com