Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  8:05 pm
Subject:  Re: songs by women composers

I'm enjoying the contributions listing various women composers and would
like to offer a few recommendations. (Sorry, Leslie, I don't know specific
pieces, particularly in the contralto realm, but hopefully these
suggestions will spark your interest to investigate!)

Lori Laitman - a wonderful composer in the DC area who just released her
first CD of songs, entitled Mystery: the Songs of Lori Laitman (on the
Albany label, available at Tower and well worth the price)

Judith Weir - famous Scottish composer

Libby Larsen - in the Twin Cities area, I think

All three of these women are extremely skilled at writing for voice. I
would highly recommend researching their work.

Naomi Gurt Lind

emusic.com