Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  3:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Breathing question

It's interesting. My last voice teacher was VERY much into teaching the
physiological/anatomical aspects of singing. And for a while I felt it
was certainly interesting intellectually, even if understanding every
minute detail wasn't all that relevant to me.

Now I'm working with a teacher who, I get the impression, simply takes it
for granted that I understand the physiological/anatomical aspects, so
they don't get discussed that much in my lessons (except when something is
particularly relevant), but they are always UNDERSTOOD to be understood.

So I must say, I am very grateful to Teacher #1 for having spent so much
time informing me about these things - because I doubt I'd be making
nearly as much progress with Teacher #2 without this firm grounding.

Karen
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: