Vocalist.org archive

From:  Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  12:01 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Older students/school advice

You couldn't find a better group for serious singers -- one of the basic
tenets of Masterworks is that each singer must sing with his/her OWN voice,
and it's the director's responsibility to work out how to weave it all
together to make a pleasing blend. I've chatted with Richard Garrin (and
Galen Marshall before him) about this, and he's definitely a proponent of
good vocal technique. I sang 4 Masterworks seasons with Galen Marshall, and
one with Richard before moving here to Seattle. You're in for a real treat!

Enjoy the experience!

Cheers!

Lana

cantare@p... [mailto: > > To: vocalist-temporary@egroups.com

--
Explain it as we may, a martial strain will urge a man into the front rank
of battle sooner than an argument, and a fine anthem excite his devotion

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7076 Re: Older students/school advice cantare@p...   Thu  11/30/2000   6 KB

emusic.com