Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jason and Mary Weaver <jasonmary@e...>
Jason and Mary Weaver <jasonmary@e...>
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  11:09 pm
Subject:  Auditions in Germany. Thanks Chris!

Hi List!

Well, I saw Chris' email about the chorus positions we are auditioning for
here in Oldenburg, Germany and thought that I would post the info once again
PLUS!!! add one more position!
In addition to one 1st Tenor and one 2nd Bass we are now also looking for
one 1st Alto to start August 15th (the beginning of next season).
As Chris stated, it is an excellent opportunity for young singers to get
into the system here and get a lot of good experience. One thing that Chris
wasn't exactly right about is that you really don't get much free time. We
work almost every day with unusual hours, but it's a lot of fun!

Anyway, here's the low-down and if you have any questions feel free to
write. I may also be able to give those interested info on chorus auditions
at other theaters in Germany.

Take care!

Mary

Our Opera Chorus is looking for: 1 first Tenor - to start immediately
1 second Bass - to start
Aug. 15, 2001
1 first Alto - to start
Aug. 15, 2001

Preliminary auditions will be held through tape recording. Recording must
include: 3 vocal selections of contrasting styles. 1 must be an aria and 1
must be in German.

Requirements: We are looking for men who have seriously studied voice
(emphasis on opera) and have basic knowledge of the German language plus
good diction skills (especially in German).

Please send resumé, photo, list of performed repertoire and tape to:

Thomas Bönisch, Chordirektor
Oldenburgisches Staatstheater
Theaterwall 28
D-26122 Oldenburg
GERMANY

If you have questions you may contact us at +49/441/2225-280 or email at
jasonmary@e... (English is spoken)