Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sandra" <sandra@b...>
"Sandra" <sandra@b...>
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  8:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Breathing question (or HELP ME, IAN!!)

> Sandra,
>
> You're an angel!!
>
> Thanks for the reply! I think you sound on the right
> lines!!! just be brave.

> Lloyd is a treasure at all costs! Listen to what he
has to say and you won't be wrong!!

So Ian, do you thing it is fair to say that because an teacher doesn't talk
about mechanics of "breath support" doesn't necessarily mean they aren't
instilling all the excercises to establish appropriate breathing habits?
I'm not 100 % sure yet, but after reading Lloyd's posts, I think we may be
doing the things he has suggested already in my study. Despite my saying
that we weren't doing anything specific to address the problem, I think we
might be on that track. Though I'm sure if I had known the detail of this
earlier, I could possibly have derailed that train. :) I'll let you know
after I ask a few questions in lesson if this is the case.

Thanks again, Ian, Lloyd, Mike, Karen, and everyone else who responded to
this post. You're all great!

Sandra

emusic.com