Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  8:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Breathing question (or HELP ME, IAN!!)

Sandra,

You're an angel!!

Thanks for the reply! I think you sound on the right
lines!!! re. the any tips thing, just be brave. When
you're in your teachers studio and your voice doesn't
behave, it doesn't matter does it? You're not on stage
at the London Palladium in front of two and a half
thousand people!!

Just have an experiment. Dame Joan Sutherland used to
just sing as she watered her plants, and it was then
that Richard Bonynge realised she was singing the
wrong repertoire, as round the house she would
naturally sing a minor third higher than she thought
she could!

By the way, if Annabelle is reading this. I don't
believe any of that chapter in Jerome Hines book re.
Sutherland. She was a naturally gifted singer, and I
think all her talk of 'support' is Bonynge's!

I'll be most interested to see what happens to your
voice!!

Best wishes,

Ian. Voice wrecker to the stars!