Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  5:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Older students/school advice

In a message dated 11/29/00 4:58:24 PM, annabelleq@y... writes:

<< Wait, are we going by the vocalist guidelines or not?
I thought we aren't supposed to send a bunch of "me
too" or really short posts with a bunch of quoting? I
just got six in a row from Judy.

Annabelle >>

Annabelle,

First of all, I don't know that we've actually reached a consensus on the
above. I am now inclined to be even more suspicious of "moderation."

Since when can we not publicly congratulate a fellow lister on an
accomplishment. If only one word is necessary, so be it!

My other posts, though brief, were to the point and not merely "me too's." If
you see it another way, fine--but I do not agree, and am not likely to any
time soon.

IMHO, the attempt at "moderation" could all too easily become a snipe-fest by
narrow minded posters who feel a need to carp about who is and who is not
being polite or observing the rules.

I personally am not afraid of a good argument, and although I see no need for
ad hominem attacks, I fear that the mindset of some of our listers seems (for
me, at least) uncomfortably narrow and restrictive!

My three cents!

Judy
not planning on changing my posting habits

emusic.com