Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  11:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Censorship

Karen wrote:

>I wanted to introduce the idea that freedom of speech and
> regulated human behaviour can co-exist.

I'll back you up here: freedom of speech not only co-exists, but depends
upon regulated human behavior, otherwise that freedom wouldn't be guaranteed
( consensus majorities would smash minorities ).

However, I can't remember exactly what Randy said of Reg's posts, so I'm not
sure that thread should be subject to any kind of moderation, but I can
remember Randy apologized for ACCIDENTALLY sending his comments about Les to
the list. I don't think he should be blamed for Les's unsubscription. Randy
was extremely rational ( as I recall ) in his comments about Les's post
science vs singing ), and I would have joined him if I had the patience.

I'm still for one public reply to insults, warning by the moderator to the
offender, and that's it. Banning people from the list doesn't make any
sense. My provider offers me 5 e-mail accounts for free. www.bol.com.br,
www.zipmail.com.br , www.hotmail.com , www.hotmail.com.br offer us endless
e-mail accounts. There may be people arguing with themselves on the list,
under different e-mails, just to call attention to their own topics!! No one
can regulate that, so any kind of 'quarantine' for someone who has decided
to be offensive is completely useless.

NO ONE WOULD SEND GHOSTS TO JAIL.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6964 Re: Censorship thomas mark montgomery   Tue  11/28/2000   3 KB

emusic.com