Vocalist.org archive

From:  Martyn Clark <martyn@v...>
Martyn Clark <martyn@v...>
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  2:20 pm
Subject:  Re: ADMIN: List moderation

It is my opinion that some degree of list moderation is probably always
necessary. To hold any discussion in business there needs to be a
chairperson whom everyone respects, and who has the final say in matters
of order. I believe that this is the position that Marko filled, and we
trusted him. In our current "power vacuum", things on the list are less
stable than they were (there may soon be a parallel in the US if things
don't improve!)...

My suggestion is not that we, who don't really know anything about how
the 'old' VOCALIST worked, vote in accordance with our own persuasion,
but that we ask Marko how he managed it? With moderation, mistakes will
be made, some valid posts will be turned down, but that is the price you
pay for living in an ordered society!!

Just my opinion.

Martyn

PS - I am against the concept of moderation, but I am for INTELLIGENT
moderation (ie moderate new posters so we don't get spam mail, or porn
contributions).