Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  7:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: In the minority

Laura Sharp wrote:.

> And Dean, regardless of which way it goes, if you leave will you please tell
> me where else you might be posting? Because, I will follow you (follow you)
> follow you wherever you may go (oh-oh)! You are a veritable fountain of
> wonderful ideas.

Gee, whiz, shucks. Okay, I'll stay. There is no place else for me.

~~~~~
Once upon a time in deepest Africa, a lowly worm challenged an elephant to a
race from one tree to the next tree, a distance of about 20 feet. "But," the
wormy told the packydermy, "since I am so much smaller than you I would like to
begin the race at the halfway point."

The elephant thought that the worm made a reasonable request. He agreed.

Packy moved back against the starting tree as the worm made her way slowly to
the ten foot mark. Once there she squeeked back to the elephant, "I'm ready. 1
- 2 - 3 - GO!"

With tremendous determination the little worm squiggled and squaggled her way to
the second tree, without once ever looking back. She arrived at the base of the
tree. There was no elephant to be seen. Exhausted, but elated she looked back
to see where the elephant was. To her wonder, old packy was still back at the
starting tree. He hadn't moved an inch.

She called out to him, "Hey you. Why didn't you run when I did the count?" He
didn't seem to hear her. She repeated her question. Still no answer. Although
she had won the race she wondered why the elephant hadn't moved from the starter
tree. So she crawled back to him. As she squiggled and squaggled her way back
to the packy she squeeked out her question over and over again. Finally, only a
couple of inches from his right foot, she asked the question on her mind, "Why
didn't you run when I did the count?"

Choose the correct retort:
1. The elephant replied, "Sorry, I didn't hear you count."
2. He replied, "Do you think you could climb up here and scratch that little
spot between my shoulders? Then we'll race, okay?"
3. The packy picked up his right foot, squashed the little worm and said, "I
WIN!."
4. He said to the worm, "Were we supposed to run on the count of three or on
'"GO'?"
5. He asked, " Today? Did you mean race today?"

That's what I think of all this latest happening on Vocalist.

Dean

--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
"The great danger for humans is that we will walk by the

emusic.com