Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  4:57 am
Subject:  Want to see something really scary?

On Wednesday, Dec. 20 at 9:30pm EST, our public television station is
broadcasting "Messiah XXI for a New Millennium". The blurb says that it
"gives Handel's choral masterpiece an exciting modern interpretation
incorporating gospel, rock and soul music sung by international superstars
Gladys Knight, Jeffrey Osborne, Roger Daltrey and Chaka Khan. Aidan Quinn
narrates".

I know I'll be tuning in, but mostly because I really dig Chaka Khan and
I've been longing for her classical debut. Chaka! Chaka! Chaka! I'm hoping
she'll be growling her way through "I Know That My Redeemer Liveth" although
I can also just hear her doing the alternate version of "But Who May
Abide/Refiner's Fire". I see Gladys doing "O Thou That Tellest" and the
"covered in spit" one (sorry! too tired to look it up!).

Jeffrey Osborne and Roger Daltrey's aria selections I'm up in the air on.
Who gets "Comfort Ye"?

Be there or be square!

Best,

Laura Sharp

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6928 Re: Want to see something really scary? RALUCOB@a...   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB
6935 Re: Want to see something really scary? Karen Mercedes   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB
6941 Re: Want to see something really scary? Paul Sinasohn   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB
6943 Re: Want to see something really scary? dorisopran@a...   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB
7324 Re: Want to see something really scary? Patricia M Smith   Tue  12/5/2000   3 KB

emusic.com