Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Guardians" <elflein@m...>
"Guardians" <elflein@m...>
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  3:58 am
Subject:  No censorship, please!

I have been teaching for over 25 years, and have a Ph.D.....but the more
education I have acquired, the more I realize how much I still don't know.

I am enjoying the give and take on this list, and learning many new things.

Censorship is unnecessary....at least for me....I think I have enough
"know-how" to ignore the blighters if they get out of line.

From someone who raised 3 girls, and had all three of them in their 'teens'
at one time....I think I've gotten used to ignoring offensive behavior when
I have to. Otherwise, I'd be totally grey...or bald, from pulling my hair
out. Or my kids would be bald, from me pulling THEIR hair out.

My vote, is to leave the list alone....offensive behavior quickly burns
itself out, when there is a lack of response.

I'm sorry for those who are on digest, and can't filter out the offensive
posters, but I can't quite get my heart to embrace censorship.

Harmoniously Yours

M. Gabrielle Ludwig, Ph.D
City of Zion Music

emusic.com