Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  1:08 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: In the minority

In a message dated 11/27/00 6:36:41 PM, lasharp@n... writes:

<< The kind of moderation I believe we're talking about is not censorship -
it's "asking nicely in an official manner". >>

We can ALL do that, without an outside or appointed moderator.

I was once "called" on a post by Marko--he objected to my saying that Karen
Mercedes seemed "young and feisty"--a comment that she actually liked! He
still deleted the post.

I'm not saying this to criticize Marko, but to point out that it's very easy
to misinterpret what another is saying online, or to state something in a way
that will (often quite unintentionally) cause offense.

We're all adults here, I don't think we need anyone to intervene on our
behalf. I like the suggestion that we all scrutinize our posts carefully
before hitting the send button. When in doubt wait a day or two. Or three!
Post unto others as you would have others post unto you!

Judy
PS--Put me in the "no censorship" column!

emusic.com