Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen <kjensen@c...>
Karen <kjensen@c...>
Date:  Mon Nov 27, 2000  11:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] RE: ADMIN: list moderation?

There can be freedom of speech and freedom from slander at the same time.
Most countries have laws against slander and this does not constitute
censorship. I would defend anyone's right to express opinion freely and
vigourously, but the vigorous defense of ideas does not have to contain
personal insult, and I would not like to give absolute free reign to
certain personalities who tend toward the vitriolic. Let them rant, but
cut 'em off at the knees if they get nasty and personal. (note: irony).
Seriously, please check the list and block messages which break laws.

Karen Jensen

emusic.com