Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 27, 2000  5:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] What type of voice?

In a message dated 11/26/2000 7:51:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dalila@R... writes:
dalila@R... writes:

<< On 26 Nov 2000 vocalist-temporary@egroups.com wrote:

> What type of voice (not necessarily
> fach) do you have? Let's see where the
> Vocalist distribution lies, especially
> in light of our recent discussions about
> how you hear your own voice. (This poll
> displays your address as well as the
> answer graphs.)
>
> o Light lyric voice (or coloratura)
> o Lyric voice
> o Full lyric or lirico-spinto voice >>

I am a mezzo who has been "classified" from being a contralto to being a
dramatic soprano, and literally everything in between. At this point, I
consider myself a full lyric with a thrust (really I'm a spinto, but no one
seems to use that classification for mezzos for some reason). My voice is
actually remarkably similiar to Waltraud Meier's in color and size and
weight, which I sometimes use as a guide for repertoire. I and my teachers
consider that I have a voice that can sing a wide variety of rep, and with
that I'll sing whatever is comfortable and makes sense color-wise, regardless
of "fach". For the large house auditions that I have coming up now, though,
I am sticking to the mezzo fach and sticking to presenting myself with arias
that represent entire roles that I can perform well and can offer to the
house: Carmen, Orfeo, Cherubino, Orlofsky, Charlotte, Octavian.
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6873 Re: What type of voice? Paul Sinasohn   Mon  11/27/2000   7 KB
6918 Re: What type of voice? Marjorie Bunday   Tue  11/28/2000   2 KB

emusic.com