Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  10:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "voi lo sapete"- too dramatic?

In a message dated 11/26/2000 4:35:34 PM Central Standard Time,
LMorgan923@a... writes:
LMorgan923@a... writes:

<< While I will now, at the age of 45, occasionally venture out into the
dramatic world, I have found my home in the mezzo realm. And here I'll
stay, happy as I can be to be singing music that plays to my strengths
instead of beating my head against a wall in frustration. >>

Speaking of cross-faching, I just got hired to do a MESSIAH .... and I
figured, cool, I've sung the alto solos many times and can do them in my
sleep. Talked to the conductor today and he said, "Well, we're not doing the
entire thing. You'll be responsible for #s 14, 15, 16 and #45." I said,
"Uh.... the soprano stuff?" and he said, "Yes, that's okay, isn't it?" I
looked at it and said, "How much is the fee? Sure, yes, that will be fine."

Gig's next SUNDAY!!!!! AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...

I figure that since I'm starting rehearsals for the Witch in H&G this week, I
will already be working that register anyway ... again, speaking of
cross-fach roles!!! But in general, for concert work at least, I'd rather be
rolling out of bed to sing "O Thou" than having to warm up and leap to the
other side of the hyphen for "I know that my redeemer liveth...."

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com