Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  9:56 pm
Subject:  RE: ADMIN: list moderation?

I'm also strongly against any form of list censorship. We're all
adults here and should be able to deal with the occassional
fights/disagreements that we have. There are a couple of reasons why I
don't care for the idea of moderating the list:

1) At what point do we decide that an e-mail needs to be censored?
Sarcasm can often be seen as a personal attack by others, who's going
to decide when a message crossed the line?

2) A certain amount of disagreement is healthy and may even lead to new
insights. This list would lose some of it's value if contributors
would stop challenging each other's assumptions (which unfortunately
will lead to the occassional disagreement).

3) It would create extra work for Isabelle.

Like many others, I'm on digest and so don't have the ability to just
delete certain posts, but that down arrow key sure works wonders for
me.

Cheers,
Ingo