Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  7:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] List moderation

In a message dated 11/26/2000 12:39:07 PM Central Standard Time,
etreen@e... writes:

<< I have to agree that the name-calling and squabbling that we sometimes
see can get a bit much. It always makes me feel very uncomfortable and
sadly, since I subscribe to the digest, I don't have the luxury of deleting
the messages I'm not interested in. My first response to Isabelle's message
was "Yes", since I don't remember it ever being this bad before our move
onto egroups, >>

Emily brings up a good point. It's not a lack of self-esteem that causes
people to leave this list because they don't like the fighting - it's the
negative energy. It weighs one down and it makes what was a sharing
"community" into a place of one-upmanship and competition to see how many
times one can reiterate one's point..... that's why I've considered leaving
the list. I'm not a psychobabble type person - maybe I tend to be a little
of the former and do a lot of the latter - but I believe that constant
exposure to negative material just creates more
of it.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com