Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 26, 2000  2:46 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] ADMIN: list moderation?

In a message dated 11/25/2000 8:43:18 PM Central Standard Time,
ibracamonte@y... writes:

<< In light of the recent unsubscriptions of longtime members of the list,
and the current of disgruntledness going around in general, what does the
list think about flame moderation?

It's when you get two people who are obviously sniping at each other, or
engaging in a personal attack, and the list moderator (that's me right now,
although others can co-moderate if they wish at any time) puts the offending
parties on moderation until the attack stops. So the moderator would approve
on-topic emails from them and stop mail that was purely an attack from going
out to the list.

Well, I'd rather we police ourselves, simply because, where does it end? But
then again, during Vocalist I's heydey, I think Marko did a great job of
keeping hateful posts out. I'm about to leave myself. I'm tired of the same
personal attacks, especially when they involve slurs against a particular
non-musical ideology, which has nothing to do with this list. I've only
stayed because every so often, someone comes up with a rep suggestion that is
fresh and new.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com