Vocalist.org archive

From:  BEChoate@a...
BEChoate@a...
Date:  Sat Nov 25, 2000  11:00 pm
Subject:  Personal Attacks

Dear Members,

I was part of the Vocalist community for quite some time when after a
continued bout of similar attacks between members, I decided to unsubscribe.
I resubscribed only a week or so ago to be saddened again by this continued
practice.

I wish you all well and hope that in spite of what happens here, you are
successful in your careers. Within the musical realm I have chosen as my
work, I hire musicians (both instrumental and vocal) first on attitude and
then on musical ability. I respectfully submit that this is criteria of many
folks in the position of contracting talent and hope that perhaps a second
thought may occur to some before the launching of inappropriate personal
attacks. If a position cannot be explained civilly, then perhaps a person's
concept is a bit shaky to give or receive CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I sincerely wish that this list had conquers this battle.

Best Wishes,
Barbara Pinto-Choate

Vineyard Recording & Publishing, Owner
Bella Voce Vocal Ensemble, Artistic Director
Chorale, Men's Chorus, Canticle Choir Conductor, Ohlone College
Voice Teacher, Nats Member
Musical Services Contractor

emusic.com