Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sat Nov 25, 2000  3:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Subtle Style?

In a message dated 11/25/00 4:48:57 AM Central Standard Time,
bandb@netspace.net.au writes:

.

                While some may be impressed with your often stated
credentials, let me assure you that I am not one of them, though I
can't imagine why that should upset you as it seems to have done.
I also have had some experience with technical teaching and for a
teacher this tendency does not bode well, perhaps you feel insecure
or should consider a career change?

First of all Reg, I do not site my credentials all that often, secondly maybe
you should consider having a career in this field before cloaking yourself in
the attitudes you do.  Your writing style is an attempt to inflate your
knowledge by attempting to make it incomprehensible to others.  It has
nothing to do with the terminology, concepts, and/or ideology but rather the
fog you shroud it in.

Lloyd (and others) often write about very complex matters in a way that is
direct and to the point.  Why?  Because it is about the point, not
themselves.  Your writing is all about you and an attempt to impress.  I was
being sarcastic when I cited my credentials Reg.  I'm very busy and don't
have time to decipher what you're trying to state, that's why your posts
often get deleted... Maybe you should send out a decoder ring so we can all
make sense of your illuminating comments.

Reg your points are being lost because of you.  It has nothing to do with
playing to the LCD, but rather an inability to separate an attempt to impress
with convoluted writing from an argument that is precise and lacking in an
elitist attitude.

Come on Reg, join the human race, we're all having a ball!

Randy Buescher

emusic.com