Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Fri Nov 24, 2000  2:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vibrato Questions to Caio

Ian asked:

> Hope that's more informational Caio?

Yeah, it was, although I'm still puzzled :-) but how do your higher pitches
sound? Do you have a 'thin head voice' ( as you do rock too, I think Geoff
Tate, from Queensr˙che, or Steve Perry, from Journey, must be good examples
of what I'm referring to ) or 'chestier higher pitches' ( like Dio's,
ex-Deep Purple, or Bruce Dickinson's, from Iron Maiden )? ( I hope my
references ring the bell ).

My teacher's range is pretty high, but it doesn't go as far up in a typical
head voice tone as do Tate's and Perry's voices ( although he has the
whistle register ). I asked him to do that 'heady voice' once and he just
couldn't. He said it was not 'natural' to him. I've noticed that he must not
have that register developed, otherwise he wouldn't be pushing his abs in
for higher notes, don't you agree? ( according to everything I've read, head
voice would require less air pressure due to shorter vibrating cords,
right? )

Best regards,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com