Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Thu Nov 23, 2000  3:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vibrato Questions

Well, a note to all listers. I've said this before. If
any of your teachers uses the word push, you should
question the motives very carefully!!

It's that terrible word again 'support' I absolutely
hate it, and it's guaranteed to make everybody sing
like pigs!! Try and forget about 'support', or
breathing (absolute rubbish in any case. Your body
will supply the correct amount of air to the cords if
you don't fiddle around with your larnyx and let it do
what it must do, and in any case you may as well go
and be a Pearl Fisher!!) I am able to do enormous
phrases, and it has nothing to do with how much air
I've got inside, and I'm certainly not pulling my abs
in Caio!!! That is one of the likely reasons you're
having trouble with your 'support' All you're doing is
jamming your larynx and it doesn't care for that!!

Try and concentrate instead on the actual tone you
produce. You will find in the long run you will have a
far more harmonious sound, and you won't be bogged
down about thinking of 'support'

Best wishes to all.

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!