Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Nov 23, 2000  3:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Surgeryless Sinusitis

I've had doctors advised me so many times to leave my deviated septum
as it is,that I have. Unfortunately this means regular infections of
course so I've found what I think is a relatively easy form of the nasal
wash. My friend GWendel referred to the potential for fungal sinus
infection from diabetics using corticoid nasal sprays,so I wondered
if there might be a simple fix.
I've found that in Australia the Vicks Sinex nasal spray dispenser
uses a most effective atomizer pump. Far better than the average. Some
may have seen the adds on television.
Anyway just tip the contents down the drain, then, after rinsing
the thing with boiled water, (not boiling), fill again with boiled and add
salt. How much? Guess, shake and six sprays per nostril each day. As
it runs down the back of your throat you can hear the germs screaming,
and...I think it actually shrinks the swelling associated with the
damage.
No..just checked...my wife doesn't agree that my nose is straighter.
Actually I use the spray as often as I need it.
Reg.

emusic.com