Vocalist.org archive

From:  Paul Sinasohn <pauls@c...>
Paul Sinasohn <pauls@c...>
Date:  Wed Nov 22, 2000  6:03 pm
Subject:  Shameless self-promotion (SF Bay Area)

OK, I'm a newbie to vocalist (only a couple of months), and can be very
obnoxious sometimes.

and I am most definitely a "black sheep" sort of singer, compared to most of
you, in that I never study or take lessons (I'm a bass - it won't help), I
have no interest in opera any more (been there, done that), and I prefer to
sing in small groups (12 or less) rather than large choruses.

And I offer silly suggestions at the drop of a hat. (You should see some of
my posts to ChoralTalk and ChoralList).

ANYWAY, in spite of all that...

If you have any interest in "non-classical" 19th century repertoire, or just
want a fun Christmas experience, or want to see how singers make fools of
themselves while having lots of fun, come out to the Great Dickens Fair at
the Cow Palace in San Francisco, weekends starting this Saturday and
continuing through December 17.

I'll be singing in Mad Sal's Music Hall, doing a couple of solos each show
(3 or 4 times a day), as well as Christmas Caroling (You can see me Xmas
Caroling in a quartet this Saturday morning on Channel 4 starting at 8 am)

One of the other soloists in our group has won a Bay Area Critic's Circle
award as a singer (I forget what for).

The website is www.dickensfair.com

I'd love to meet any of you in person; just introduce yourselves to me!

Thanks for reading,

Paul Sinasohn
Founding Director, BankAmerica Singers
Baritone/Manager, Vocal Interchange