Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 22, 2000  5:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] ANN: 10th Multinational Chamber Choir in Austria, summer 2001

In a message dated 11/22/00 8:09:51 AM, monika.fahrnberger@u...
writes:

<< even though I am aware of the fact that not too many people of this
group are fond of choral singing, I take into consideration that in
previous years we have already had one or the other
interested "Vocalister" among our participants. >>

Actually, Monika, I think you'd find quite a few of us who count good,
healthy choral singing (and conductors who foster it) very high on our lists
and our resumes! Many on this list have had marvelous experiences in choirs
and continue to do so. In addition, some of the best practioners of the art
of choral conducting and singing are voice teachers/performers who have a
background in professional choral music. Sometimes it is those who have had
negative experiences with poor conductors in groups where good habits are NOT
practiced who seem to speak out the loudest here. That often is off-putting
to those who are more fortunate -- i.e., those who HAVE had good experiences.

The best wishes to your group!

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy
Director of Choral Activities