Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
"Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Tue Nov 21, 2000  4:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Russian Lit

The Tchaikovsky songs are published by Peters in low,medium and high
(Russian and German texts). They are wonderful to sing and not as demanding
pianistically as the Rachmaninov songs can be. The Rachmaninov are
published by Belwin in 2 volumes in original keys.
I don't have my scores at hand so I can't make specific recommendations but
there are so many beautiful pieces in the song repertoire of these 2
composers that you could hardly go wrong.
Cindy Donnell

I am looking for some Russian lit to add to a B. M. Senior Recital this
coming spring. I have enough operatic literature, so I am not looking for
anything of that type. It also needs to be appropriate for a baritone with
tendencies to tenor. I have sung several songs by Tchaikovsky and
Rachmaninoff, but in English (translations?) and can't find the Russian
anywhere. I am
looking for something to round out my recital rep that is just plain pretty,
and it'd be nice if it were in Russian. Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Eric B.

eGroups Sponsor

emusic.com