Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Nov 19, 2000  11:51 pm
Subject:  Domestic politics WAS:Teaching rolled Rs

.but I thought it would be a change to have a bit of domestic political
> thought from this side of the pond as a change from the farcical
> presidential recount in the states :-)

How many of you can point to Brazil on the map? How many of you know
Brazilians don't speak Spanish? How many of you know São Paulo is one of the
biggest cities in the world? How many of you know Buenos Aires is the
capital of Argentina, and Brasília is the capital of Brazil? How many of you
know the Amazon forest is not at risk and is not as important to the
maintainance of the ozone layer and breatheable air as it is broadcast? How
many of you know a fictitious tribe preserve, the Yanomami, was created
across the Brazilian Amazon borderline in order to weaken our national
integrity?

That usual difficulty to understand the difference between the UK and
England is a side effect of English imperialism. That's a problem of yours,
we have problems of ours, and geography and history is everybody's problem
:-)

Bye,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6636 Re: Brazilian Domestic politics Reg Boyle   Mon  11/20/2000   4 KB
6652 Re: Domestic politics WAS:Teaching rolled Rs Lloyd W. Hanson   Mon  11/20/2000   3 KB
6658 Re: Domestic politics WAS:Teaching rolled Rs Caio Rossi   Tue  11/21/2000   4 KB

emusic.com