Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Nov 17, 2000  12:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Music for Baritone and Guitar

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Bill Alley wrote:

> I am looking for repertoire suggestions for Lyric Baritone and Guitar. I
> would like to do a program with classical guitar.
> Do any subscribers know of any classical guitarist in the Boston area? I
> would appreciate any repertoire suggestions.

Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco: The divan of Moses-Ibn-Ezra, op. 207 -
a major song-cycle for medium voice and guitar.

Roberto Gerhard: Cantares - seven Spanish songs for medium voice and
guitar.

Federico Moretti: Doce canciones, op. 24 with guitar

Daniel Pinkham: Charm Me Asleep - 9 songs on old English texts for medium
voice & guitar

There are also numerous folk-song books from virtually every country, for
medium or low voice and guitar, and also some books of Renaissance or
Baroque lute songs that have been arranged with guitar tablatures. A good
university or conservatory library should yield several that might
interest you. I'd particularly suggest you look at the book of "65 Pesen"
(65 songs) by Bulat Okudzhava, a wonderful folk-song writer from the
Soviet Union. Okudzhava was a baritone, and performed all his own songs.
They are definitely folk (not classical), but quite wonderful.

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: