Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Nov 16, 2000  5:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Older students/school advice

In a message dated 11/16/2000 9:51:11 AM Central Standard Time,
cantare@p... writes:
cantare@p... writes:

<< I DON'T want to go to school because I will be deeply in debt after
that, and I will have the life of a musician, which means money comes
piecemeal and sometimes not at all. This is what makes me write an
e-mail like this to the list and ask, hey, I'm not expecting to be
Renee Fleming, but will at least get the training I want if I go to
school? I can deal with not having money, I suppose, but I can't deal
with spending tons and not coming out ahead artistically. >>

Well, I'm deeply in debt and yesterday I was supposed to sing backup for
Sarah Brightman (don't go there!) and she CANCELLED, so I'm out $145 I was
expecting to get (rumor has it we'll get something to make up for the time we
allocated -- and rescheduled/cancelled students!)... but I still don't regret
going back to school after 30 for my MM. It was the best thing I have ever
done and I DID come out ahead artistically and personally.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com