Vocalist.org archive

From:  singersuki@a...
singersuki@a...
Date:  Thu Nov 16, 2000  3:29 pm
Subject:  Older students/school advice

I sent this to the list, because someone asked us to.
Suki T

Hi K!  This is Suki Jantzen, from the Jantzen Opera Company.  I fully
understand your concern, and wholeheartedly urge you to go ahead and study.
 Good singer-actors are still badly needed all over the world.  I say
"singer-actors" because just standing and singing is boring, and not fair to
the audiences.  So, along with your singing study, you will want to study
acting, and develop the acting to the point where it looks absolutely natural.

We just produced "Il Barbiere di Siviglia" here in NJ, and EVERYONE in the
audience said how they didn't even need to understand Italian to know what
was going on, as the acting was so good.  The singing was excellent, as well,
which is the base point from which I start.

I hired singers who were ready for professional careers.  Most of them in
their late 30's.  So, there ARE venues for you, and more and more of them are
being created each year.

Good luck!

Where are you located?  And what does K stand for?

The ever-curious Leo opera-co. owner,
Suki T

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6542 Re: Older students/school advice cantare@p...   Thu  11/16/2000   4 KB
6548 Re: Older students/school advice John Alexander Blyth   Thu  11/16/2000   4 KB

emusic.com