Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Wed Nov 15, 2000  5:26 am
Subject:  Re: MAYBE TOO OFF, SHOULD STOP,BUT I CAN'T RESIST: Presidential Elections Indecision

Hello Caio

On 14-Nov-00, Caio Rossi wrote:
>We shouldn't
> be teasing each other ( BUT I COULDN'T RESIST... ) since a debacle of
> democracy in a country as important as the US would be a terrible example
> and inspiration for the whole world.

COMMENT: I agree. The process that is now unfolding is crucial. The
democratic concept, regardless of other names that may be given it, is the
belief that the power comes from the people, that the people are capable of
ruling themselves, that government must be of the people and for the
people. Power groups will always be chewing at the gates but the people
must exercise their responsibility to choose for themselves. Because this
is a process, it is never completed and never completely achieved but it
is, and must be, ongoing. It must always be becoming.

Regards
--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Vocal Pedagogy