Vocalist.org archive

From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Tue Nov 14, 2000  7:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] musical theater rep request

"I still believe" from Miss Saigon. Not really for sopranos, but very
effective.

If you want to go into the realms of operetta, there are a couple of
good ones in G&S, I'd avoid the Lady Angela/Patience one as it's really
a solo for Angela with a little bit of harmony for Patience at the end.

But look at Princess Ida: "Now wouldn't you like to rule the roost (Sing
Hoity Toity)", for a mother and daughter plotting to overthrow Ida as
the leader of the Women's University; or better still at Utopia Limited,
a very pretty piece for the two young princesses who are being shown off
publicly as models of English rectitude. I can't remember the title off
the top of my head, but someone out there can - or look through act 1.

Linda

emusic.com