Vocalist.org archive

From:  "PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
"PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
Date:  Mon Nov 13, 2000  11:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Presidential Elections Indecision

Lloyd presents a very good explanation of our electoral process (a process
which has never been followed to this extent, hence all the broohaha),
however, one small tidbit of trivia: the United States is a Federal
Republic, not a democracy.

Which then reminds me of the following quote (though I cannot recall either
exactly how it went or who said it, perhaps one of the characters in a
Taylor Caldwell book?): "Republics decline into democracies; democracies
decline into...chaos."

Hugs,
PJ.

Astrology & New Age
Garnered Images Astrology
A Squirrel's Tale

Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me, there, oh
there, wher'ere I go, I leave my heart behind me. (Thomas Ford, 1607)