Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Sat Nov 11, 2000  11:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] the läärynx

martti wrote:

<< I myself think I just get vocal fatigued if I care too much
about the hobbies of my larynx... :( I've noticed that singing
without forcing it to stay down is much easier. So, should I just let
my larynx do what it wants to do? Is it true that when I learn to
sing relaxed it won't rise anymore? >>

martti,

if you like the sound your voice has when allowing your larynx to move
up and down, it is important to let it continue to do so as that movement
contributes to the making of that sound. if you sing in a way that is an
extension of your speech habits, your singing will be easier than anything
that goes against what is habitual, even if, in the long run, that which goes
against the habitual would be easier.

if you don't like the sound, you'll have to do something different.
that different approach may be easy or hard eventually but, at first will be
difficult due to being different and due to not being good at it yet.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6373 Re: the läärynx Martti Savijoki   Sun  11/12/2000   2 KB

emusic.com